This afternoon, I made a delicious dessert – Limoncello-Soaked Organic Berries with Lemon Sorbet! It was adapted from a recipe I saw on Rachael Ray’s 30 Minute Meals and was really simple and quick to make. If you spend just a few seconds on presentation, it looks quite nice and elegant.
| serves ~6 with seconds!
- 2 (10 oz) bags Cascadian Farm Organic Harvest Berries Frozen Fruit (strawberries, blueberries and blackberries), mostly thawed
- 1/4 cup Pallini Limoncello Lemon Liqueur (this amount gave the liqueur a subtle presence, but you could add more or less)
- 1 1/2 pints Lemon Sorbet (I liked Kroger’s in-house Private Selection brand)
- Partially thaw the frozen fruit (I did in-bag) and place it in a nice bowl.
- Mash the fruit with a fork for a rustic look and enough juices to mix with the liqueur.
- Pour in the 1/4 cup lemon liqueur and stir.
- Refrigerate bowl about an hour or until you think the flavors have melded nicely together.
- Gather small dishes and serve. Ladle a small quantity of berries in the center (or even off-center) of the dish. This will keep the lemon sorbet “grounded” and also adds to the presentation. Next, gather one scoop of lemon sorbet and place it on the “berry bed.” Finally, spoon a few berries on top of the sorbet and add additional juices as desired.
- Enjoy – I know you will!!