I’m getting to my blog posting much earlier today than I normally do – by about 12 hours! Today’s prompt is in regards to the contents of my fridge. Since I share with the rest of my family, I’m listing what I’ve purchased and what I use semi-frequently. I’ll also post the contents of my wine fridge :-).
In the freezer…
- Simple Truth Organic Roasted Vegetable & Spinach/Feta Pizzas
- Private Selection California Lemon Grove Sorbetto – this is so delicious and is awesome in this “adult” dessert recipe.
- Starbucks Coffee Ice Cream – I actually forgot this was in there until I looked this morning! I’ve been doing a lot better limiting my ice cream and gelato intake this year – which is surprising, actually…
- Cascadian Farm Organic Mixed Vegetables
- Cascadian Farm Organic Harvest Berries
In the fridge…
- Brita Water Reservoir – great for quick filling up of glasses and water bottles as our city water is just plain nasty.
- Horizon Organic Chocolate Milk – this is mostly for my niece, but we all love it!
- PureAlmond Almond Milk – I still haven’t adjusted to this flavor… I bought it when I was trying out veganism… Meh.
- Diet Coke – I don’t often drink soda/pop, but when I do, it’s this or root beer.
- Queso de Quesadilla – a wonderful, shredded Mexican cheese that goes good with pretty much everything.
- Private Selection Romano Cheese Wedge – perfect for finely grating into and over pastas.
- Horizon Organic Reduced Fat Cream Cheese – because cream cheese is oh-so-important in my life.
- Kroger Shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Alouette Baby Brie
- 3-4 varieties/brands of hummus, my favorite being Fountain of Health Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. Of course, one must add diced jalapenos for that added kick!
- Garden Fresh Gourmet Sweet Onion Salsa – this is a fresh, chunky, delicious salsa that – true to the name – tastes like the ingredients were just picked from the garden.
- Kroger Sour Cream – because I LOVE Mexican food and sour cream.
- Bonne Maman Fruit Preserves – I have several variants, but my absolute favorite is raspberry.
- Veggie Trays – these go on markdown a lot at our grocery store and are awesome to just snack from or put out when guests are over.
- Organic Gala Apples – yum!!
- Simple Truth Organic Baby Carrots
- Condiments – ketchup, mayo, mustard, pickles and the like. Because if I have a sandwich, Imma doll it up!
- Lea & Perrins Worchestershire Sauce – this is awesome to pour over steaks on the grill. I love the flavor, it’s a pretty versatile ingredient, and it even works in some Asian dishes.
- Hendrickson’s Original Sweet Vinegar & Olive Oil Dressing – this is awesome for marinating, salads, and pretty much everything. My mom and I were shopping one day when a guy was literally having a breakdown in front of the salad dressings because he couldn’t find a bottle of it. After he went into a soliloquy of why this particular dressing was so amazing, we found it and – if my memory serves me correctly – he gave my mom a hug. We proceeded to get a bottle (because, obviously, if it’s life-impacting enough to cause someone to have a public breakdown in the middle of the condiments aisle, we must have it, too) and have been devout users ever since.
- Private Selection Whole Clove Garlic in Brine – because who likes dealing with garlic skin?! Not me.
- Horizon Organic Salted Butter – because, butter.
- Mt. Olive Roasted Red Peppers – thanks to my friend, Laura, I now love putting these on whole-grain toast with avocado, greens and red onions. It makes for an awesome and healthy sandwich.
- Mt. Olive Diced Jalapenos – perfect in hummus.
- Starbucks Bottled Frappuccinos – this is one of those things where I went through a phase, and I absolutely have to be in the right mood to crack open a bottle. It just doesn’t do justice to the one you’d order at the actual coffee shop, which we don’t have in Dodge. 😦
- A variety of local jams and jellies I’ve picked up from the farmers’ market – I think I was just being nice as I like almost never use them (see Bonne Maman, above).
- Naturally More Peanut & Almond Butters – these are great for quick protein on toast and actually taste pretty good. I can’t do almond butter without Bonne Maman, though, as the texture and flavor are a bit too strong for my taste buds.
In my wine fridge…
- Cascinetta Vietti Moscato d’Asti – This was the first bottle of wine I ever purchased. I decided to buy while we were in Occoquan, Virginia, on the week of my 21st birthday and after a wine tasting at Mom’s Apple Pie. What a fun day and memory!
- Godiva Chocolate Vodka – I mean, seriously, what the hell was I thinking??! I tried this once on some ice cream on someone’s recommendation and it’s pretty much just stayed put since. At least it was on sale, I guess…
- Pallini Limoncello – used in the same dessert linked above. SO delicious – it’s like an adult lemon drop.
- Hiram Walker Triple Sec – I want to make mimosas at some point, but I just haven’t gotten around to it. Yet. 🙂
- Roscato Rosso Dolce – this is a great, sweet, semi-sparkling (whether it is or not, I don’t know, but it tastes like it) red wine that is quite delicious and is a good substitute for those in my bunch who don’t like the drier red wines with certain meals. It went over really well on Christmas.
- Arbor Mist White Pear Pinot Grigio – this may be the cheap stuff, but we love it – it tastes just like spiked pear juice!
- Primo Amore Moscato – as I understand it, this is the house wine at Olive Garden. Either way, it works for when I don’t have access to or stock of Cupcake (thanks, shortage!!) or Martini & Rossi.
- Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio
- Killian’s Irish Red & Shiner Bock – I rarely do beer, so these are remnants of my uncle’s visit back in December. I’m sure they’ll be drank by someone, eventually…
What’s in your fridge? Please share in the comments!