Earlier on this year, I came up with some goals and resolutions that I wanted to accomplish and achieve this year (see the post here). I thought that now, about midway through March and just a week until the official start of Spring, that I would have a reality check with myself and see where I was in accomplishing those goals.
So, without further ado, let’s re-hash!
My goals for the upcoming year:
- Well, I actually think I’ve written less in my blog now than ever before. I have been fairly busy with work and school (excuses, I know!) and haven’t taken the time to post travel stories and pictures like I thought I would. I’m hoping that the spring flowers will help me get in the creative mood as well as provide for some good material.
- I have already lost over 20 pounds since Dec. 31, 2011… My goal is to lose another 20 before my next journey in early June!
- Check! To my knowledge, I haven’t had more than three pops per week, sometimes less – and I think this is contributing nicely to #2!
- For a time, yes. Did I think I would get some more done during Spring Break? Of course! But, with working 40 hours this week and having to perform and interview and write an accompanying essay, as well as revise a couple of others, I will have to get back with you on this…
- See above. 🙂
6. Set up a dream board
- I indeed did! I set up some inspirational places and things, as well as places I want to go and things I want to achieve/acquire, on Pinterest. I think it’s helping!
- I do believe I am doing much better on this; however, I still do slip up. I’d say I’m now on time about 80-90% of the time for my first class, which is a huge improvement over last semester!!
- Depending on how you look at it, I have sort of failed on this front. I haven’t really taken any trips (big or small; if it was small, it must have been really small because I’ve clearly forgotten about it) so far this year and decided to work during Spring Break. However, working = more money for future travel!!
- Check, check, check! I have learned some new words and phrases and reinforced what I already knew – success! I will continue to learn throughout the semester… I think a trip to Mexico to use it is surely in order (been watching Q’Viva)!
- The closest (which really, it isn’t) was shooting with my friend’s 55-200 lens that she let me borrow (thanks, Katy – you’re the best!)… I still can’t figure out how to focus on something – either my camera doesn’t like me or I can’t figure out how to use the dang thing!
- I feel like I’m improved a bit on the first, but I have really slipped on the second. I am going to make sure I take more time to share with friends… What is life without good friends, and how can you have good friends if you don’t keep up those relationships?!
- See #2.
- See #5. 😉