Many thanks to my friend, Laura, for making this recipe for me while I visited her in Florida, which I’ve slightly adapted for what me and my family best enjoy! It’s perfect for a winter eve, and it will serve around 6 people with good-sized bowls.
Three-Bean Vegan Chili
- 3 Cans Tri-Bean Blend Beans (or 1 can each of following: Dark Red Kidney, Pinto, Black)
- 2 Cans Italian Recipe Stewed Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
- Vegetable Broth (I need to find out the amount – I could have sworn I posted this recipe. Can I find it?? NO.)
- ~1 1/2 Medium White Onions, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1-2 Tablespoons Chili Powder (I can’t remember the specific amount, but I used closer to 1)
- 1/2 – 1 Tablespoons Cumin
- Crushed Black Pepper & Pink Himalayan Salt
- Heat broth in a nice, big soup pot and add onions, cooking until they get to that nice, brown color. Go ahead and add in those spices so the onions and broth can soak it all up. Don’t forget to add your garlic!
- Lightly rinse and drain the beans in-can and pour the beans and tomatoes in the pot.
- Simmer and make that baby cook!
- Serve over corn chips or with cheese and a dash of sour cream. Or, you can eat it by itself – delicious! (Shall you serve it with a nice red wine?? Sure – why not!)
*I recall posting this recipe somewhere else. As I feel like I’m forgetting something as I’m going off a note on my iPhone, I will try to fill in the inconsistencies later. Enjoy!!